Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gift from a former teacher! (and stuff)

It is so nice to have people in our lives who are supportive of our decision to homeschool.....especially those who are educators in the public school system. Wyatt had a great 1st grade teacher last year so a few days ago Wyatt and I went up to the school to visit her. It was a sweet surprise that she had a GIFT waiting for Wyatt! A volcano kit. How neat! (it was great timing because we were just talking about volcanos during a geography lesson last week --- Map of Washington, Mt Saint Helens)
Thank you Ms Jones!
Here are a few pictures of the volcano-making process and the eruption! :)


Jonah enjoyed it too

There it goes!


On another related note, its really neat to hear different people mention how much they think we made the right decision to homeschool. I've heard from more than one person how much happier Wyatt seems now as opposed to when he was going to 'regular school' or how great it is that we can speed up or slow down based on Wyatt's learning rather than having to conform to what the state says he has to do. There are a few rough days here and there. But this is working for us. I have asked Wyatt more than once if he misses school. His answer every single time has been "No". When I asked him if he misses his friends (who he still gets to see) his response was "No mom. But when I went to school, I missed you." This is where my heart melted and I knew we were doing the right thing. :)
Blessings.....

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I enjoy reading about your learning adventures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete